Have you ever charged your device and left it on your bed or on the couch?

Have you ever charged your device and left it on your bed or on the couch? The answer is probably yes. You are not the only one.

Kiwis are using battery-powered devices more than ever and we know that there is a potential fire hazard in lithium-ion batteries and their charging systems. Due to the rise in home insurance claims due to fire damage caused by batteries catching fire, we wanted to share some tips with you all on how to safely store and charge lithium-ion batteries.

Please see tips below from Fire and Emergency New Zealand:

  • Do not charge a device under a pillow, on the bed or on a couch – they can overheat and cause a fire
  • Don’t use or charge a battery that shows signs of swelling, overheating or damage
  • Only use the battery that is designed for the device
  • Only use the charging equipment that came with the device, and don’t use it if it’s damaged
  • Do not leave batteries or devices in direct sunlight or in hot vehicles
  • Store batteries away from anything that can catch fire

If you want to learn more about Lithium-ion battery safety and what to do if you have any concerns, click on the link below to read more.https://fireandemergency.nz/…/lithium-ion-battery-safety/

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have any questions or queries, contact Amicus today.

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email

We’re locals, protecting locals

Scroll to Top