Protecting your Life and Lifestyle
Life is all about taking little risks. But sometimes things can happen that change our lives for the worst. Protecting your life and lifestyle is all about being prepared for the unexpected, and making sure you and your family are looked after financially.
Here are some of the life and lifestyle insurance options available.
- Crisis Cover: Receive a lump sum if you suffer a major illness or injury
- Life Cover: Receive a lump sum payment when you die or if you become terminally ill
- Disability Cover: Receive a lump sum that will help make life easier if you become totally and permanently disabled and unable to ever work again
- Income Cover: Receive up to 75% of your income if you can't work because of illness or accident
- Home Loan Cover: Covers your mortgage in the event of your death, illness or accident, and offers optional cover for redundancy and bankruptcy
Secure your family’s future
Life Cover is all about providing financial protection for your family should you die. As you become older your insurance needs change. Getting married, buying a new home or starting a family all come with additional financial responsibilities. With Life Cover, you can protect the lifestyle you and your family have worked hard to build.
Level Life Cover gives you certainty** of paying the same amount for your life cover for as long as you need it and helps to ensure that life cover is affordable later in life.
Level Life Cover – the right price for life
- Is the ability to budget important to you?
- Do you have long-term debts or commitments?
- Do you need life cover past your 60s and into your 70s and 80s?
- Are you worried about how much life cover will cost when you’re older?
- Is it important to you to be able to leave money for your partner?
- Is it important to you to create a legacy for your children?
If you have answered ‘Yes’ to any of these questions, Level Life Cover could be right for you.
*Eligible covers are for 10 years, or up to age 65, 70, 80, 85 or 100.
**Level premiums are not guaranteed and may change in some circumstances.
Protecting your Business
If your business lost an owner through death or major illness or you lost a key person that was critical to your business functionality, wouldn’t it be reassuring to know you were protected financially?
We can help you look at the risks your business might face and what you can do to protect it.
Losing Key Staff
The loss of a key person – anyone who contributes to the revenue of your business – can seriously affect your ability to maintain your business’ value. It’s obviously difficult if the loss is through death or disability, but you also need to prepare for resignation and retirement. The loss of a key person can affect your business through;
- loss of revenue
- failure to meet financial obligations
- increased costs (such as recruitment)
Key Person Protection
All businesses should plan to reduce their key person dependency over time, but most businesses don’t have this luxury. By taking key person insurance, your business receives a lump sum payment if a key person can no longer work because of illness, injury or death. Key person protection can help you meet your short-term business obligations, offset the effect on profits and help provide the funds to find and train a suitable replacement.
Losing a Business Owner
Business owners need a plan to ensure a co-owner’s departure is as smooth as possible. A business owner could die, get sick, resign or retire – so it pays to be prepared.
What plans can you put in place?
There are plans you can put in place to manage the planned or unplanned loss of a business owner. They ensure your interests are protected, and you retain control and maintain the value of your business.
- Key person protection – see above
- Buy / Sell Agreements – these allow the remaining owners to purchase the departed owner’s shares at a pre-agreed value. This value should be reviewed each year to ensure it keeps pace with the changing value of the business.
- Buy / Sell Funding – wherever possible, the Buy / Sell Agreements should be fully funded to avoid delays and avoid remaining owners being out of pocket.
Want to know more? Contact Us for more information on the types of risk protection we can provide for your business
Protecting your Health
You don’t know when or how a health problem might affect you.
Protecting your health helps ensure you have immediate access to the right healthcare services when you need them. It provides an alternative way of paying for treatment so you can use private services and seek advice if the unexpected happens.
Many people find themselves unprepared when faced with illness or injury and may have to be away from work for extended periods whilst on a waiting list in the Public Health system. This not only impacts them financially but can have a major affect on their family.
Want to know more? Contact Us, we’ll be happy to talk to you about a health insurance package to suit your needs.
196 St Asaph Street
PO Box 5507 Papanui
Insurance Advisernet NZ Broker of the Year 2013