We don’t want your AMP KiwiSaver Scheme members to miss the boat on up to $521.43 worth of Member Tax Credits (MTC).
This is a great benefit for KiwiSaver members, so in the week commencing 22 May 2017 we’re reminding them by letter that in order to receive the full Government Contribution of $521.43, they need to have contributed at least $1,042.86 over the KiwiSaver year (1 July 2016 – 30 June 2017), and to top-up by 25 June 2017 (to allow for processing time).
Even if members can’t contribute the full $1,042.86 this year, they’ll still receive 50c for every dollar they contribute.
What’s happening and when?
- We will be contacting approximately 60,000 eligible AMP KiwiSaver Scheme members on your behalf by letter in the week commencing 22 May 2017. Approximately 50,000 members who have an email address on file will receive an email during the same week.
- Eligible members that will receive this communication are aged between 18 and 64 (also up to 69 years if joined within the last 5 years), are currently not on track to receive the full Government Contribution this KiwiSaver year (as at 27 April 2017) and meet the MTC eligibility requirements. Those members with zero balances will also be included.
- As was done last year, we won’t be including the estimated member contributions for the current year because it can take up to three months for IRD to send us member contributions.
- Click on these links to see a copy of the letter, boat insert and envelope attached.
- The letter will be sent from Helen McDowall, General Manager Customer Service, and includes individual Adviser name, phone number and email address if customers require any further information.
- There is an AMP MTC web page which includes information about MTC eligibility criteria and how members can top-up. This page also includes a video explaining MTC.
- We will be posting reminders about MTC on the AMP Facebook page in May and June. So keep an eye out and share these posts on your own Facebook pages.
TIP: Share the AMP MTC web page on your social media pages, or link to it from your own website.
What do members need to do?
Check how much they have contributed this KiwiSaver year and top-up their balance by 25 June 2017 (allows for processing their payment by 30 June 2017).
For Members who contribute via their salary, they can check their contributions by logging into ‘My KiwiSaver’ at www.kiwisaver.govt.nz and then top up. IRD holds the most up to date view of the member’s contributions that come from salary and wages.
For those who are self-employed or make contributions directly to AMP, login or register for My AMP at amp.co.nz/myamp.
Members can top up four ways:
- My AMP app. Log into My AMP, go to the KiwiSaver section and click on ‘top up my account’ at the bottom of the page. Customers can download the app at amp.co.nz/myampapp Internet banking
- Log into their internet banking and select ‘AMP KiwiSaver Scheme’ under bill payments. Then enter their surname, IRD number and member number.
- Top up at amp.co.nz. Top up securely on our website, all they need is their member number and bank account details.
- Pay by cheque to IRD. Mail a cheque with the completed contribution slip below to Inland Revenue, PO Box 39050, Wellington Mail Centre, Lower Hutt 5045.
Note: The Government Contribution is likely to be paid and appear in members AMP KiwiSaver Scheme accounts in late July or August 2017.
+64 3 943 4108
196 St Asaph Street
PO Box 5507 Papanui
For Commercial, Rural and Domestic Insurance: